Sample Farewell Letter to Colleagues; Sample Retirement Farewell Letter; Sample This will help to make the individual you are leaving behind feel special. I would like to thank each of you for every experience shared, friendship made.
Goodbye Messages for Friends: Looking for the perfect words to say goodbye to a friend? Give your bestie a sweet farewell by writing cute quotes on a greeting card. From touching moments to awesome memories and from funny pranks to happy smiles – bring everything together in a personalized message. You can even write a letter if you think that a small farewell note is not enough to express yourself. Read this post and reflect on your own friendship. You might be sad that your friend is going away but this is the time to look back at all the beautiful memories, rather than grieve about the inevitable. The farewell will be tearful but it will be yet another memory that’ll hold everything together even when you and your friend are thousands of miles apart.
1) Sorry, for all the times I may have unknowingly hurt your feelings and caused you pain. Goodbye my friend, until we meet again.
2) I never knew that saying just one word could make me feel so blue, until I said GOODBYE to a special friend like you.
3) Our friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Talking to you made me smile and meeting you set me free. I can’t believe that fate is taking you away and ripping us apart. I just want to say that I will miss you from the bottom of my heart. Goodbye.
4) Life and destiny can steal my best friend away from me but nothing can take away the precious memories. Goodbye my friend.
5) Today I take a moment to thank Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Jan Koum, Brian Acton, Evan Spiegel, Robert Murphy and Steve Jobs. Without them we wouldn’t have Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat and FaceTime. How else would I have possibly kept in touch with you? Goodbye.
6) The only reason I am saying goodbye is so that I can get a chance to say hello again.
7) The world will come to an end, as I say goodbye to my friend. But I know I’ll pull through this pain, because I know we’ll meet again. Goodbye.
8) My heart is breaking into pieces as I see you leave. I hope you are happy that you have made me cry. You have no idea how much I am going to miss you. My life will sink into loneliness with this goodbye.
9) Who will tolerate my annoying antics, who will calm me down when I am angry. Who will listen to my daily rants, who will make sure I am always happy. Who will I harass with my banter, who will I hang out with every day. I am sad and totally devastated, as my bestie goes away. Goodbye.
10) Just like how you don’t forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship even though you are going away. Goodbye.
11) I’ll silently stand in the corner and cry, on this fateful day. I refuse to say goodbye because I don’t want to see you go away.
12) While seeing you off I may have a smile on my face, but after you leave I will be in a lonely place. My facade might be cheerful and happy, but deep down inside I will be suffering in agony. Goodbye.
13) Don’t expect me to come to the airport to see you off when you leave. I will be in my room, crying on my loneliness’ eve. Goodbye.
14) How can I say goodbye to a friend who I can’t live without? I will suffer in silence but my heart will scream and shout.
15) When the sun says goodbye to earth, it leaves a beautiful sunset as a gift. When friends say goodbye to each other, they leave mementos of everlasting and priceless memories. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you.
16) Taking you for granted, sometimes I’ve made you do things you didn’t want to. But all I want you to remember is that no one can be my best friend except you. Goodbye.
17) When best friends say goodbye to each other, what they are really saying is ‘Hold that thought, I will be back soon’ So I will hold my thought until you return to hear the rest. Bon voyage.
18) I will force myself to say the word goodbye, but my heart will never mean it. Goodbye.
19) The only reason I am happy saying goodbye is because I know that life will find a way to bring us back together again. Farewell.
20) Our friendship has taken me on a magical journey which will never come to an end. Even though you are going away, we will never stop being friends. Goodbye.
21) Saying goodbye is tough… but still not as painful as desperately hoping that destiny will bring us back together again. Farewell.
22) Our friendship was the oxygen that kept me alive. This goodbye is the vacuum that will suffocate me to death. Farewell.
23) When I say that bidding you farewell is easy, take it as a compliment. Because it shows how blindly I trust you when you say that you will come back soon. Bye, my friend.
24) All the beautiful memories that we have made together as friends will be cherished and fondly remembered. I guess we have a lot to keep ourselves busy with until we meet again. Goodbye my friend.
25) If lovers can be in long distance relationships with each other, why can’t we be in a long distance friendship? Goodbye and cheers.
26) With the wind in our hair and the sun in our eyes, we cherished our friendship as life’s greatest prize. Now that you are going away my life will cease, I will blissfully drown in all the beautiful memories. Goodbye.
27) I thought 160 characters would be too less for a goodbye tweet on Twitter. But the thought of living without my best friend has left me speechless. Goodbye.
28) Our last hug may feel warm but your absence will leave my heart shivering in a cold abyss. Goodbye.
29) Everything in my life was perfect, until it all suddenly came crashing down. I may smile while saying goodbye but your absence will put on my face, a permanent frown. Goodbye.
30) Saying goodbye to a friend like you is like saying goodbye to my own soul – it is just not possible.
31) Dear friend… I don’t want you to leave, I refuse to say goodbye. I will just watch you walk away while my heart silently weeps and cries.
32) Fights, girlfriends, boyfriends, arguments, lies – Nothing has ever come between our strong friendship. So a few hundred miles is not going to make any difference either. We are friends forever. Goodbye.
33) The hundreds of friends on Facebook and Twitter mean nothing to me in any way, if I don’t have real friends like you to meet every day. Goodbye.
34) This goodbye is just a test of our friendship. Let’s promise each other that distance and time won’t come in the way of our beautiful relationship. Goodbye.
35) Since true friends never really say goodbye to each other, please treat this goodbye message as a mere formality and delete is as soon as you have read it.
36) I feel sick, I feel low, I feel depressed and I feel sad – when I think about how I will miss you real bad. I feel miserable, I feel unwell, I feel down and I feel lonely – when I think about how life will be without my bestie. Goodbye.
37) The absence of a friend is going to make me feel lonely and frustrated. There is nothing good about goodbye… it makes me feel lonely and suffocated.
38) I would have never said hello to you many years ago, if I knew that saying goodbye would be so traumatic. Bye buddy, I will miss you.
39) It is easy to become friends, difficult to remain friends and hardest to say goodbye to a friend. Sorry, but I cannot do the hardest part. xoxo
40) Even though you are going away you will still be a core part of my everyday life. First I used to hang out with you all the time, and now I will miss you all the time. Goodbye.
Sample letters to write a farewell letter to a person who is leaving employment. You are a terrific friend and colleague. Work will not be the same without you.
It can be difficult to find the right words to say goodbye to an employee leaving your company. You want to write something meaningful, but remain composed and professional at the same time. Use this sample text as-is or as a starting point to craft a meaningful, personalized farewell message to share on one of these free printable thank you cards.
Wish your soon-to-be former coworker the best as he or she heads into retirement. These sample letters can help.Related Articles
The nice part about retiring from doing what you do so well is there is no more rushing around to meet deadlines and complete tasks. You'll have lots of time to make all your dreams come true. The bad part is how much we will miss the pleasurable experience of working with you. We wish you the all the best and thank you for your years of dedication, enthusiasm and team spirit.
Working with you for the past X years has been a joy! While I'll miss working side-by-side with you, I am so happy for you as you transition from career to retirement. You have always been a hard worker and a terrific team member. No one is more deserving of a long and happy retirement filled with relaxation and enjoyment. I wish you only the best as you retire from XYZ Company!
Say farewell to a coworker who is being promoted to a new role within the company. Try these options.
Congratulations on your recent promotion! We know you will tackle this new venture with the same passion and dedication you've displayed as part of our team and will quickly establish yourself as a valued employee in your new role. Working alongside you has been an honor and privilege, and we know you will continue to succeed in this new phase of your professional career.
While I will miss working with you each day, I am so happy that you will be staying with XYZ Company while advancing in your career. I am very proud that you have been tapped for a promotion as a result of your hard work and success. No one deserves this promotion more than you, and I am certain that you will do an outstanding job in your new position as ABC Role.
Share best wishes for a coworker who is being transferred to a new location or otherwise making a lateral move within the company. Add these messages to your card.
We wish you the best both professionally and personally as you move into your new position within our company. While we will miss the day-to-day interaction with you - you've been an indispensable part of our team - we know you will continue to do well and achieve major milestones.
I have enjoyed getting to know you during your time in the ABC Office and wish you success as you become part of the XYZ team. I'll miss working with you on a daily basis, as you have been a great team member and co-worker. I am sure you will enjoy continued success in your new role with the company.
When coworkers leave for a job with a new company, be sure to congratulate them and wish them success. Try these ideas.
Congratulations on your new job - good for you! While we will miss you and have fond memories of working with you, we wish you well and hope you attain all the success you deserve. Your dedication and work ethic have been an inspiration to us all.
I'll miss seeing you at ABC Company on a daily basis, but I am so happy for your success! You are a great coworker and team member, so I'm not surprised to hear that you have accepted a wonderful new opportunity. Best wishes for continued success! Please keep in touch.
Congratulations and best wishes for success are in order when a coworker leaves to pursue higher education. Support your coworker's new adventures with these words.
While I am sad to see you leave ABC Company, I am so proud of the fact that you have decided to continue your education. I am sure that you will be successful in school, and the skills that you learn will help you become an even bigger asset to the company that is lucky enough to hire you once you have earned your degree. Best wishes for success as you enter this exciting new phase of your life!
Going back to school is a big decision, and I am so excited for you as you make the transition from working full-time to pursuing higher education. Your dedication to pursuing your studies is admirable, and I wish you great success throughout your academic career and beyond. Your team at ABC Company will be cheering for your success every step of the way!
When a coworker decides to stay home as a full-time parent, a fond farewell and wishes for success are well warranted. Here's how to word it.
Congratulations on the addition to your family! I am so happy for you and wish you much joy and happiness as you focus on parenting full time. Enjoy every second that you have to spend with your little one! Know that your team at ABC Company is on your side. We'll be sending best wishes to you and your family, wishing you only the best.
While I will miss seeing you at work, I am so pleased that you have the opportunity to step away and focus on your family at this time. I am sad to see you go, but I am also so very happy for you and your family. I wish you only wonderful things as you transition away from being my coworker to focusing on being a full-time parent. These days with your little one are precious. Enjoy every minute!
You may not always know why a coworker is leaving your company. Even if you aren't sure what they're doing next or why they are going, it is still a good idea to to send them off with best wishes for the future.
Words are inadequate to express our gratefulness and appreciation of the incomparable work performance and attitude you've displayed during your tenure with our company. Saying goodbye is never easy, especially to someone who has been such a valued team member. We wish you all the best now and into the future.
It has been an honor to work with you at XYZ Company over the past few years. I couldn't have asked for a better coworker and really appreciate the fact that you have been such a team-oriented member of the department. Please know that you will be missed. Best wishes for happiness and success. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please let me know.
While these messages may work for you the way they are written, you may need to tweak the content to reflect your relationship with the person who is leaving.
When you compose a farewell message for an employee leaving, you can turn to movies, television and books for inspiration. If you don't feel comfortable writing your own message, include a famous quote or line from a movie or television show. Several books contain compilations of quotes for any situation, from quotes of encouragement to quotes of sympathy. Once you identify an appropriate quote, include it in your message.
To remain professional, wish the employee luck and offer to provide assistance in the future, if applicable. You can also write about the employee's on-the-job achievements. Recall a favorite memory about the person and use the anecdote in your message. If the departing employee has a favorite hobby or sport, mention this in the message to personalize it.
Many times, a customized sentiment means more to a departing employee than a standard greeting card. Embellish your message with photographs that illustrate your time together or use company newsletter clippings that discuss the employee's personal and professional accomplishments.
Keep in mind that even if you have a personal relationship with an employee, you should avoid writing anything that could be construed as inappropriate or against company policy as it could create compliance concerns. Always avoid risqué jokes and other messages that could be considered inappropriate.
If you craft your message carefully and present it with good thoughts, the employee will appreciate your gesture. It can help you preserve your relationship with your former coworker even when you aren't working side-by-side. Additionally, writing such a message may even open up networking opportunities for the future. You never know! The employee who is leaving your team or company today might end up as the manager of a company you would like to work for at some point in the future.
When your friends are leaving your life, you feel like something really important is taken away from you. People can hardly avoid separations, but we should try to find the strength to overcome all the difficulties and put all possible efforts to preserve the friendship. Unfortunately, sometimes we just don’t know how to say goodbye to a friend. There are no words able to express how much they mean to us. However, there is a chance that these sad but inspiring quotes about friends leaving will help you to express love to your bestie.
Life is complicated, and circumstances are sometimes cruel. But even if they separate you with your friend, you must always remember that distance can never ruin true friendship. Remind your bestie that you will be always there for him by sending one of these heartfelt and meaningful farewell quotes.
Do you remember the song from the Road to El Dorado? Elton John sings that friends never say goodbye, and he is totally right. Even though you think that it will be hard to live without your bestie, you two will remain in touch and preserve your sincere, tender friendship.
Unfortunately, we all know how it feels when the closest person leaves. Rest assured, he or she feels the same way. Warm and sincere quotes about departing friends can make your separation less painful. So just use one of the sayings above, personalize them and send to your friend to encourage him at this difficult time.
What can be more touching than verses? These shot leaving texts are incredibly heartfelt, so your bestie will understand that you will truly miss him or her. If you want to write your own verse, just check out these ones, maybe they’ll inspire you and give you some cool ideas. Remember, we never should leave our old friends behind.
Probably, a letter is the best way to express what you feel deep in your soul. During the face to face conversation, you can forget something, but sitting alone and writing down the letter allows you not to miss anything and tell your friend that you very much appreciate his or her presence in your life.
Remember, separation is not the end. You always have a chance to meet your bestie again if you both want this more than everything. But when he is moving away, you should encourage your friend by telling that you will always preserve love to him in your heart.
Sometimes it’s hard to find the send off words that will express your feelings. Parting is never easy, but both you and your friend will cope with it and preserve your strong connection. Just tell him or her that you will go together across the years, no matter what is the distance.
Saying goodbye is harder than saying hello. But still, even if you have to say this word, you can do it in the most beautiful and touching way. The gorgeous quotes below will show your best friend that even though the pain is severe, you’ll stand all together.
When one of the friends is leaving, he should know that his closest people will always be near no matter what. Even if you are depressed and frustrated about the parting, you have to find the strength to be happy for him and remind your bestie that you’ll always love him.
If you just knew that one of your friends is moving away, check out these gorgeous quotes which will inspire you and remind you that parting is not the end. You two are strong enough to preserve your friendship and always stay the closest people on Earth.
When our friend is moving away, we miss him or her all the time no matter how long has it been since your bestie left you. Don’t keep silence, tell your friend how you will feel – it will show that you really appreciate his or her support, love, and presence in your life.
If you want to send your bestie something really beautiful and touching, just take a look at these cool bye bye cards. Feel free to share these images on Twitter or Facebook – it will be pleasant to your friend to know how strong your feelings and commitment to him or her are.
Saying Goodbye To a Friend1.5 (29.38%) 130 vote[s]
Best farewell quotes and goodbye messages for friends which can express your deep feelings Dear friend, I don't want you to leave, I refuse to say goodbye.
When you're leaving your job, take the time to send a farewell letter to the colleagues you have worked with. This is a good idea for many reasons. It's always good to leave a job on good terms.
The people you worked with are an important part of your network and might be helpful contacts to have in the future. For example, they might be able to help you with your career in some way, such as providing you with a reference, offering you some job leads if you are searching, or introducing you to someone else you might want to network with.
Along with all these reasons, saying goodbye is simply the polite thing to do.
Review tips for how to write a farewell letter, what to include in it, what not to say, and when to send it. Also, review examples you can use as starting points for your own letters and email messages.
Send it before you leave. Send your email or letter a day or two before you leave. You want to give yourself and your colleagues enough time to say goodbye. However, do not send your letter until you’ve finished most of your work tasks. This will allow you to focus on saying goodbye during the final day or hours.
Personalize your letter. Consider tailoring each letter to the individual person rather than sending out a mass message. Address each person by nameand, if possible, include an anecdote or other personal message reflecting on your time together.
Say thank you. This letter is your chance to express gratitude for any help or mentorship provided. You might also express how much you’ve enjoyed working with your colleagues.
Include contact information. Provide information on how your colleagues can reach you once you leave. Include an email address (a non-work email) and/or phone number. You might also include your LinkedIn profile address.
Keep it positive. Again, the goal of the letter is to stay connected with your former coworkers; you do not want to leave a bad impression.
Keep it brief. Write no more than a couple of paragraphs. Along with saying thank you and including your contact information, you might want to mention your plans for the future. However, beyond this, keep it short and to the point.
Connect on LinkedIn. If you have not already, connect with your coworkers on LinkedIn. This will help you stay connected after you leave.
Use a sample letter. You can use a sample farewell letter or email message to help you write your own goodbye note to coworkers. However, be sure to change the details of the message to fit your particular situation.
It is often a good idea to send your letter via email. This will allow your colleagues to receive the message quickly. This will also help you to easily tailor each message to fit the individual recipient.
Here are examples of what you might write:
Subject: Tyrone Garrett – Update
I am writing to let you know that I am retiring at the end of the month.
I have so enjoyed working here these past ten years. I am grateful for having had the chance to work alongside you. I will never forget your kindness and professionalism whenever we worked on team projects together.
My wife and I will be moving to Seattle in three months; however, I hope to keep in touch. You can reach me at my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on my cell phone, 555-555-5555.
Thank you again for a terrific ten years. I wish you all the best and hope to stay in touch.
In addition to saying goodbye to your soon-to-be former colleagues, there are other people you may want to let know you're moving on:
Take the Time to Say Goodbye: Regardless of why you're moving on, say goodbye to all the people who have supported you at work.
Share Your Contact Information: Include your personal contact information in all the correspondence you send to make it easy for the recipient to stay in touch.
Keep it Concise: Your farewell emails don't have to be lengthy. A couple of paragraphs is plenty.
Regardless of your reason for leaving, it's important to leave on a kind and professional note.
Only send letters to people you have worked with. Especially if you work at a large company, you do not want to send a message to everyone (unless you worked with all of them).
I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am leaving my position at ABC Corporation. I will be starting a new position at XYZ Company next month.
I have enjoyed my tenure here, and I appreciate having had the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for the support, guidance, and encouragement you have provided me during my time at ABC Corporation.
Even though I will miss my colleagues and the company, I am looking forward to this new challenge and to starting a new phase of my career.
Please keep in touch: I can be reached at my personal email address (email@example.com), on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/samanthasterling) or on my cell phone (555-555-2222).
Thanks again for everything. I wish you all the best.
When you send your farewell message by email, include your name and the reason you're writing in the subject line of the message to help ensure that your email gets opened.
When a friend or family moves away, you need to be prepared with a Here are some farewell message to let them know how much you care Never have I felt so crushed like this before, but you are leaving and all I . It is never simple to say goodbye especially with all the emotions that comes with it.