Example farewell and thank you messages when leaving a job for your boss, you may want to write your coworkers, boss, or employees a farewell message. . 100 Thank You Cards by Spark Ink - Blank Thank You Notes with Envelopes.
Composing a goodbye or farewell email to your colleagues on your last day in the office can be a daunting task. To help, here’s a sample email that you can refer to.
Subject: Bidding Everyone Adieu
Today is my last day at work here, and I would like to thank you all for the great times that we shared. I will treasure all the sweet memories that I have of working here with you.
I have enjoyed working with you all, and I see myself as one of the few lucky employees at [insert name of company] because I got to work with such a great team of like-minded individuals. It’s hard for me to bid you all adieu because of how we worked together tirelessly to promote this company so that it would meet the present and future needs of clients and staff members.
Building a successful team means more than just finding people who can work together. It means finding a team that's committed to each other, has a deep sense of trust with one another and cares about each other. During my 10+ years as a full-time staff member here, I've worked in three different departments. Despite how tough things were, every team I had the privilege to work with was able to meet, surpass, and sustain the goals that we were tasked with.
I remember when the company's success was plummeting, I was part of the team that was commissioned by the board to find a lasting solution to the challenges the company was facing at that difficult time. Under the supervision of Mr. /Mrs. _____, we researched and drafted the [paper/project] that helped restore the company.
While this has been one of the most satisfying, rewarding, and all-around wonderful jobs I've ever had, I feel that it's time for me to explore new challenges and diversify my experience. I will definitely miss you all, and at the same time, I look forward to these new career opportunities.
At this juncture, I wish you all the very best here at [insert name of company]. Once again, thank you for the inspiration and for bringing out the best in me. To keep in touch with me from time to time, my contact information is below.
[Your contact information]
Create a Farewell eCard from your group. Select your Farewell Group Card with Kudoboard. Say goodbye in style with an online group card from Kudoboard. We made our former boss a going away farewell eCard with Kudoboard.
When leaving a job, you may want to write your coworkers, boss, or employees a farewell message. You may also want to say thank you in your message.
Writing a pleasant goodbye note may encourage others to remember you fondly. Saying goodbye is #8 on the list of 15 things to do before leaving a job.
At the office, the farewell message is usually sent via email when sending the same message to a group of people such as a team or others that you had contact with. When saying goodbye to one person, such as your boss, mentor, or close coworker, you may want to write a handwritten note instead of sending an email. Handwritten notes may feel more personal, and the person is likely to keep it longer than an email.
You don't have to thank or say goodbye to everyone on the list below with a farewell message. Wanting to thank someone on that list, may be what brought you to this post. So I listed others that you may want to write a message to that you may not have considered otherwise.
If you know of someone else that is leaving, you may want to send them a message. If they send you a farewell email, you could reply and write them a farewell message
Below are some suggestions for what types of things to include in your farewell note. They are followed by sections of examples notes written to a boss, employee, and coworkers.
Your note can look like the example that follows. For more information on the layout of a thank-you note, see these 5 easy steps.
Dear [Person's Name],
Your Message (this is the middle section).
Second paragraph (optional).
Third paragraph (optional).
Closing (such as kind regards, thanks again, etc.),
Note: words in [brackets] in the examples below, should be replaced appropriately for your note.
The format of the farewell examples messages will be the same, so only the middle section of the note is included in the examples below when the note has only 1 paragraph. You can add additional paragraphs to any of the samples if you desire. You can also combine wording from different examples into your note.
Note: This section of examples is for when you are sending one email to multiple people. Since its being sent to a group, you will not be thanking anyone for anything specific. Some of the examples will feel generic and simple. These emails are more casual and could be for a boss sending an email to employees or coworkers to coworkers.
I've enjoyed working with all of you. My last day is [Day of Week], [Date]. If you'd like to stay in touch here are my contact details:
List only the contact details you want to provide.
personal email address
Also, feel free to send me your contact details.
I'll be starting a new opportunity next week. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
If you'd like to stay in touch, my email address is [your email address].
Thank you all for being so great to work with it! It's been an honor working with such a dedicated and successful group.
If you haven't heard yet, I've accepted a position at [Company Name]. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
Please feel free to stop by my [desk/cube/office] this week.
You've been the best team I've ever worked with. Working to together on projects has been a delight. I will miss working with you. However, I'm am excited about my new opportunity with [Company Name].
My Facebook page is [link to your Facebook page], and my email address is [your email address].
We've accomplished a lot together as a team. It's been an honor working with each of you. I have enjoyed the camaraderie and consider each of you a friend.
I am excited to move on to a new challenge at [Company Name]. If you want to know more about it, please let me know.
Also, please respond if you'd like to stay in touch, and then we can share personal contact information.
As [Boss's name] announced in the meeting yesterday, my last day is on [date]. I am leaving with a tinge of sadness as I've come to enjoy a friendship with each of you.
You've inspired me to keep learning as much as I can. Now, to keep growing, I feel that moving to a larger company will lead to more opportunities.
Thank you for being a fantastic team!
Let's stay in touch.
You've been a fantastic team for the past two years. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work with each of you. My last day is on [date]. I am hoping we can squeeze in a team lunch before then.
Also, thank you for listening to all of my cat stories! I am very excited that my next position is at the Humane Society where I can spend plenty of time helping cats.
[Note: In your note, replace the sentence above with whatever you talked about a lot with your coworkers and where your next position is and why you are excited about it]
This could be done in a handwritten note or an email or even an instant message if your company uses Skype or Slack (or another messaging program).
Hello [Person's Name]
I have enjoyed having you on my team during the past few years. I am thankful for all of your contributions to our team. Your work on [project name] was outstanding and provided a great deal of value to the company.
Also, I appreciate your honesty whenever I asked for feedback on my performance. Not everyone was willing to share things with me.
As I start my new opportunity, know that I will miss working with you. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future. Until then, please keep in touch! My personal emails is [your email address] and my phone number is ###-###-####.
2. Thank you for being a dependable employee. You will be missed. You were terrific and supportive with training new hires. It's going to be hard to replace you.
3. I wish you all the best at your new position. Thank you for everything you did while on my team. Your work on [project name] was top notch. You'll be remembered as one of the good ones!
4. I am sad to see you go! But I am happy for you at the same time. The new position may be precisely what you are looking for. Thank you for always being willing to help out with whatever was needed without complaining.
5. You've been an incredible support to the team and me. Thank you for all of your process improvements. Your legacy will live on here with all the macros and other tools you developed to make everyone's jobs easier. I wish you all the success in your next position.
6. Thank you for your hard work and dedication while you were on my team. [Client name] expressed many times how much they liked having you on their project. They are going to miss you too! Here is my personal email address if you'd like to stay in touch: [your email address].
7. You will be missed! I do hope your new job provides you with what you were looking for as a next career step. Thank you for being awesome.
Hello [Boss's Name],
Thank you for being the best boss I've had so far in my career. You're a wonderful listener, and I felt valued as a team member.
The team events over the years have helped with team bonding. Some people will say they are a waste of time, but they were not to me.
If you want to stay in my personal email is [your email address].
All the best,
Thank you for all the advice you have given me. I appreciate the recommendation you gave to [new company name] on my behalf. I believe it helped me to get the job. I am looking forward to trying out [new career field].
Please stay in touch.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me while I worked on your team. You helped me to learn that there are often many ways, not just A or B, to solve problems. I will remember that advice.
I want to stay in touch. What is your personal email address? Mine is [your email address].
4. You’ve been a great manager. I will miss working with you and the team. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future.
5. It’s been an honor working with you. I will treasure all of the advice you passed on about [job topic]. Whoever you hire to replace me, will be fortunate to learn from you.
6. You were my favorite team lead ever! I will miss chatting with you. Thank you for giving me opportunities to learn and improve my skills in [topic/program]. It's because of you that I was able to accept the manager position at [new company name]. I appreciate all your support in my personal development.
7. Thank you for being a wonderful boss. Your integrity made your team great to be on. I felt inspired to give my best every day. If you want to stay in touch, my email is [your email address]
Note: it can be easy to say Good Luck. There are 100+ ways to say good luck here.
These messages can be sent as a reply to a farewell message. Or if you didn’t receive a farewell note, you can still send the person that is leaving an email, if you desire.
1. I have enjoyed working with you! Good luck at your new position.
2. Thank you for all you taught me about [subject they taught you about]. My knowledge and skills improved because of the time you spent mentoring me. I wish you all the best!
3. Wow! I am excited for you. We had some fun times working together. Good luck at the new job.
4. You'll do great at your new position! Thank you for being a great friend while we worked together.
5. Thank you for everything that you taught me! I enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best in at your new position.
6. I am excited for you and your new position. I hope it works out well for you. Thank you for being an excellent teammate while we worked together.
7. I am going to miss working with you! I appreciate all you taught me about [topic]. You were a great mentor!
1. You were one of my favorite people to work it. I'm so glad we were assigned to the same team. Thank you for being so fun to work with it. I liked discussing programming problems with you and coming up with solutions.
2. Sitting next to you for the past few years has been delightful. I will miss hearing your stories and working on projects with you. You are very good at the position. If you ever decide you want to join me at [company name of new position], I will gladly recommend you. Of course, I better make sure I like working their first! I'll let you know in a few weeks how thing are going.
3. Thank you for all of your support while we worked together. I appreciate all the time you spent mentoring me when I was new. I feel like I learned more from you than anyone else. Your knowledge about [topic] surpasses most others. I'd love to stay in touch. Here is my contact information [and then provide your contact information].
4. I'm so glad we made a connection that day in the cafeteria when you saw my cat shirt. I love talking about cats with you. You may have heard already, but my last day is [Date]. I accepted a new position at [company name]. Would you like to meet for in a few weeks? I should be settled in by then.
5. I will miss working with you! My last day is on Friday. Thank you for all of your help and support during the past year. I hope our friendship will continue once I start the new position. My contact information is: [list your contact info]. Thank you!
6. Thank you for being a reliable source of information about [topic]. As you may know, you became my trusted source during the past year. I appreciate that you were always up to date with the latest information. I am going to miss your expertise. I hope we can stay in touch as friends! My email address is [your email address].
7. I loved working with you. Please know that I will miss you and look forward to meeting for lunch soon. Thank you for being a great friend and coworker!
I hope the examples above helped you to write your farewell message!
Have you ever received a memorable farewell message? Did it include a thank you? What did it say?
Last Updated: 25th August, 2019
Farewell Messages: For any person, saying goodbye to a loved one is the hardest thing to do but acknowledging the fact that we have something that makes saying goodbye so hard makes it a bit easier. One should cheerish the best times spend with the loved ones and pray for their success. A person should not cry because it's all over but rather should appreciate the new beginning. Saying farewell to a co-worker who has been your support for years could be really painful but showing your love and respect towards him/her is much more important. To encourage your co-worker, or your friend you can simply write a farewell wish which is not only going to provide him a new energy but also will also boost his confidence. Do not fret if you are unaware of what to write or how to write farewell message as we are here to help you out. We have an amazing collection of messages, quotes and wishes which you can send to your loved ones and wish them good luck and farewell for the future. You can simply share these messages on twitter, facebook and whatsapp as they are absolutely free of cost. So, wish your co-workers now!
When it is the last day of your friend in office one should think of making it the most memorable. It should become the day which he/she truly remembers forever after leaving the office. Bring a smile on the face of your friends, colleagues or co-workers by sending them the most humorous messages which are full of wit. Send them the messages and shower your care and love on them.
Saying goodbye to your mentor who has guided you, supported you and also taught you becomes really difficult. It becomes an extremely heart-wrenching moment for all as it appears like a huge loss. But, one should bid farewell to a boss with great respect and feeling of gratitude. Make him feel great on the last day of the office. Send him the best farewell messages and make him feel found for everything he has done for you.
Saying goodbye to a colleague who is also your companion could be really difficult. But, at that time it becomes necessary to support and encourage your colleague as he/she is leaving the company. Send the best farewell messages to your colleagues and motivate them. Your support is really important to them.
It's easier to write goodbye messages to coworkers that you had a good relationship this to your actual colleague's name before writing in a farewell card. 25 Best Excuses for Being Late That Sound Reasonable to Bosses.
You engage with your fellow colleagues and boss on a daily basis. When one of them decides to leave their job, it can be an adjustment period for all parties involved. Here is a look at some great farewell messages for boss that will help to show your gratitude and pay tribute to the work performed while they were there.
“All these years you were my boss first, friend second. Now that you have resigned, I look forward to being just your friend. Farewell.”
“All want to say goodbye and good luck.”
“As you move outside the cold walls of the office, we can’t wait to begin a warm friendship on the outside. Farewell.”
“Brainstorming sessions will stop being fun without the person who has been the brains behind the company’s every move. Farewell.”
“Farewell to a boss who used his authority to catapult us towards success, not subdue us under hierarchy.”
“Farewell, to the boss who showed us that secret to success lies in simple things like hard work and perseverance.”
“Good luck to a wonderful Boss. It was wonderful working with you. We’ll miss you and wish you well.”
“I cannot measure your contribution in my life by counting the promotions and perks. The value you have added to my career with your inspirational guidance is actually priceless. Farewell boss.”
“I have learnt the principles of business not from a book but from an encyclopedia that walks and talks – my boss, who I hate to see leaving. Farewell.”
“I wish my employment contract had a clause which bounded my job with yours so I could follow you wherever you go. Goodbye.”
“I’m sad to see you go, because you’ve been not only a great coworker but also a great friend.”
“It has been a great pleasure working with a colleague like you. Now, you are off to your next big challenge. Good luck and farewell.”
“It sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, but I still can’t believe you are leaving. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it soon. Good luck.”
“It’ll be a relief not to have you around anymore. Just kidding—you will be sorely missed.”
“It’s a pity to see one of our best leave. Best of luck.”
“Most bosses teach their subordinates how to be more efficient at work. You taught us what was more important – how to be happier at work. Farewell.”
“Nobody can do your job quite like you. How will we ever make things work around here without you? Our whole team will miss you. Farewell and best wishes.”
“Now that you have stepped down as Captain of the ship, who will sail us through choppy waters? Farewell, boss.”
“On one hand I feel happy that I no longer have to listen to your angry rants, but on the other the thought of having a new boss makes me wet my pants. Farewell.”
“Ordinary employees like me become extraordinary when they are trained by awesome bosses like you. Farewell to my favorite boss.”
“Other bosses give orders, you gave us direction. Other bosses give targets, you gave us a vision. Other bosses lead by authority, you have always led us by respect. Farewell to a boss, like no other.”
“So sorry to see you go, boss, and we’ll sure miss you. We wish you all the best for the future.”
“Success and failure are a part and parcel of everyday work life’s highs and lows. But the memories of working with an inspirational boss like you will never go. Farewell.”
“The biggest laurels on the mantelpiece of your life will be the respect, love and affection of all your colleagues. Farewell.”
“This company has been my pottery wheel, you have been the potter and I have been a pot in the making. Farewell, to the boss who has shaped my career.”
“We all wish your resignation gets rejected and your dog eats up your new appointment letter. Farewell to a boss who we don’t want to let go.”
“We may get new leadership, but that doesn’t mean we will get a leader who inspires us like you did. Farewell, we will miss you.”
“While we bid farewell to you, we feel pity for your new colleagues today. They have no idea the kind of wrath they have got coming their way. Goodbye boss.”
“You exemplified excellence. Good luck in your new role.”
“You have always been… more of a friend, less of a colleague, more of a leader, less of a boss. Farewell.”
“You have been a much appreciated and highly regarded asset to this company. Good luck in all your ventures.”
“You may have been my boss for just a few years, but your inspirational and motivational words of advice will push me to do my best for the rest of my life. Farewell.”
“You may have left for greener pastures but in doing so, you have made us go blue. Goodbye boss, we will miss you.”
“Your arrival in the office was as our Boss, but your departure from the office will be as a Friend. Farewell, mate.”
“Your farewell marks the end of the glory days that our team has seen. Because you are the best boss there could ever have been. Goodbye.”
“Your next job will be lucky to have you. It’s safe to say we envy them their new employee.”
Here is a look of life after leaving a job as told by one man who turned his back on 9 to 5 traditional work. Going through a period of self discovery or freedom, here are some of his top life lessons.
Farewell Card. +4. What are some nice things to write on a farewell card? 1,460 Views What are some tips for writing a farewell message to a boss?.